And here I sit waiting for the crazies to call and ask me what their balance is, or blame me because they overdrew their account, or the best one, helping someone born in 1928 learn how to set up online banking when they do not know where to find the address bar.
I have only worked out twice this week, but on the bright side that is 2 more times than I worked out last week. I have been watching my calorie intake, except for that evening cocktail that I am still trying to shake. I am seriously considering joining the new 24 hour fitness place that just opened. Why? Well, my current gym has hours that are not very compatible with my schedule. Their hours are 6am - 8pm Mon - Thurs, 6am - 6pm Fri, 7am - 2pm Sat, and 9am - 2pm Sun. My work hours are 11am - 7:30pm and saturdays 8am - 4:30pm, and I only get 30 mins for lunch. My current gym has alot of people over the age of 65, which is great, its nice to see older people keep fit. BUT it is a tad on the uncomfortable side because they have all day to be there, I go in around 9:30am, and they constantly want to chat and keep me from my workout...and of course I am too polite to interupt. *sigh* The advantages of the 24 hours place is being able to work out after I get off work, which is when I have the most energy. I would be able to go on weekends after I get off work and get home from church. If I was bored, I could run up and do 20 mins on the eliptical. I believe it would give me the freedom to be more pro-active in my exercise. The only 2 disadvantages that I can forsee at this time are it is $20 more per month and there is not always someone on duty to supervise. I plan on visiting this place on my day off this week to check it out.
How is my bathroom you ask? NOT DONE !!!! Why you ask? Apparently, our guy got bent because my husband did some of the work he was supposed to do. Why you ask did my husband do the work? Because our guy started to peter out and the project started taking too long. This wednesday will be one month since we ripped out our old bathroom. Soooo, hubby and I started doing some of the work ourselves and we are not very good at it. After our guy didnt show up last Friday, I took it upon myself to go to You Tube and watch a video on how to mud and tape drywall. I didn't do too bad if I do say so myself. When hubby got involved later that evening, it didn't go as well because he is all about fast and not about doing it correctly. Oh well, it was at least being done. We can always pay someone later down the line when we have more money in the budget to fix our mistakes, right? I didn't sand much after the mud dried and just painted over it. I know, I know, not the right thing to do, but I really need my bathroom to be functional again and cosmetics are not a priority at this time. So our guy called me Tuesday evening and told me he was upset because hubby messed up on the grout and mud and taping. I had to bite my tongue almost in half not to snap his head off because this guy didn't show up for 5 days and lied to his wife that he was coming to our house to work and she was calling around looking for him. HOW DARE HE BE MAD AT US for wanting our freaking bathroom finished. While I was talking to him, I was painting right over the pitiful mud and tape job we did and didn't sand. LOL. I know it drove him nuts, but hey, he didnt show to do it, right?
*stepping off soapbox*
Hubby laid most of the tile for the floor yesterday and guess who showed up? Yup, our guy. He cut the hole for the toilet, fixed the tile in the shower so the handles would fit flush, and fixed a bit of the plumbing. There is still alot of little issues that he was supposed to be responsible for, but apparently he has washed his hands of our project. Hubby will cut the door and finish the tile for the floor today and grout it after work on Sunday. Monday we will be able to install the toilet and the sink. Not sure what we are gonna do with the opening of the shower, because our guy had an idea but did not really share how he was going to accomplish it.
I am looking forward to the week ahead and keeping my calories under control and shaking that evening cocktail. I want to drop 5 pounds by the end of the month, yup, I want to be 239. Keep praying for me, I need it.
Todays scripture quote:
For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
Ciao baby !!!
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment