Hello cruel world !!!
Let's see where to start? Well, I started this blog as a challenge to myself to get healthy.
Guess what? I just figured out I'm fat. (well, I already knew, but never acknowledged how big I really was) I have used excuse after excuse as to why I stay fat. The most prominent one: My husband likes meat on his woman. Well, too bad so sad. I'm done with that. I got tired of being tired. Tired of not liking my clothes. Tired of being uncomfortable all the time.
I just snapped one day about 4 months ago. Since then, I am down 31 lbs. I am working out at a gym and doing weight watchers. I know this time will be different. I am doing it for me, not for anyone else AND I am motivated. I can hardly wait to post my after pictures.
Oh yea, my name is Julie, I live in mid Missouri. Mom of 6 kids, 2 his, 2 mine, 2 ours. (no, they all do not live with me). And one beautiful baby granddaughter, with another grandbaby on the way. I hate vegetables, so if you have any great recipes without too many veggies in them, I need them....lol. I work at a bank call center and have little or no exercise during the day, but I can sit on a work out ball. Our boss is a cycling nut and will do anything to help us get or stay fit. I need knee surgery again and am determined to get below 200 before hand.
Unfortunately, my scale broke about 6 weeks ago, and the new scale weighs heavier. So far I have lost a total (according to the new scale) 31 lbs. I weighed in the day before Thanksgiving at 245 lbs. Woot !! 31 lbs gone forever !!! I just went thru a 7 week plateau. GAH !! That was difficult to go thru. Although my clothes felt looser, my body looks trimmer, I really mentally needed that scale number to go down down down. Which it did to the tune of 5 lbs. I am up 3 lbs since last week, but that should go down again in a few days. I have had alot of sodium intake the last few days...to the tune of a jar of kosher dill spears...yummmmmmy.
I visit a message board and have for the last several years, choosing2lose.com. We just started a challenge for the month of December. So my official weigh in yesterday was 248. The prize is $50.00. Well, I never classified myself as a "competitive" person, but I found myself a few years ago in a weight loss challenge at work (different work place) and I ended up winning, not once, but 2 months in a row. Yup, you got it, my competitive edge got ahold of me. Unfortunately, I left the job where I had alot of motivation to exercise and into a job where I had to drive 2 hours one way to work everyday in hideous traffic. Well, I quit that job and ended up here at the telephone banking center, exactly 6.5 miles from my driveway. Woot !!! Uh, ok, back to topic, I am once again in a competitive mode and I want to win win win that prize.
Well, enough on this, I will post more tomorrow !!
Julie
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment